How does it work?
How does our self-employed solution for Belgium work?
Belgium is the central hub of Europe as well as the headquarters of many major international organisations. As a prosperous and cosmopolitan centre of commerce and culture, it offers plenty of contract opportunities.
Liberty Bishop provides a self-employed model for contractors working in Belgium, via our trusted local accountant partners.
Our solution engages you as self-employed, provided you meet the following criteria:
Your assignment exceeds 3 months, with the intention to go beyond 6 months, you must provide a copy of your education degree linked to your job role and finally you must have a fixed address in Belgium. The authorities will refuse to register anyone as self-employed if staying in temporary accommodation (eg. hotel).
"Ensuring compliance and excellent customer service"
Registration and ongoing compliance
- Registration with the Belgian commune/city.
- We ensure registration with tax and social security authorities.
- Assist with registering with the VAT authorities.
- We provide quarterly VAT returns and annual tax return.
- Offsetting legitimate 'professional' expenses.
- We provide invoicing and payroll management.
Benefits of our service
- Dedicated account manager working on your behalf throughout your time with us
- Providing straight forward and simple communication
- Full end-to-end service covering all aspects of invoicing, expenses, payroll management and tax declaration
- Highly competitive margins
- No long-term commitment required; ours is a fully-flexible pay-as-you-go service